Intro to Character Generation
Character CreationCharacter creation is one of the main phases of the role playing game.
It is the moment for each player to distinguish his or herself by adding numerous personal touches to complete their character. This section presents everything that the player needs to know to incarnate their alter-ego. Once you have reached the end of the section you will have a coherent and detailed imaginary character ready for any adventure.
Determining the characteristics that define the strengths and weaknesses of the character is carried out using various dice and in some cases referring to reference tables detailed below. The characteristics are the backbone of the character, the choice of race and class (occupation) enable the player to combine advantages. The alignment and psychological traits clearly define the line of conduct that the player has to respect. They are also used by the M.T in order to define the quality of interpretation of the player, commonly known as "role-playing" skills.
Other elements come into play to complete the character possibly offering a head start in life with for example the possibility of an inheritance, or skills taught by a characters' parents etc.
Character Creation in Cursed Empire:
This section covers the main phases of the Character Creation process for the Crimson Empire FRPG. It provides you with all the information required to create a character however more complete information can be found in the main Expanded Character Creation section (page 64).
1. Roll your characteristics (throw 10 times 2d8 +1d4 and note the results) or use the Characteristic Points Allocation Rule.
2. Choose your Race and apply the Race Characteristic Modifiers.
3. Choose your Class/Subclass and allocate Background Points (BP) to select your sub-class. Make a note of your starting Points of Renown (PR) at this phase (rules relating to these points will be developed in Chapter 8).
4. Establish your Appearance (Height, Weight, Age etc) and Unique Physical Attributes.
5. Calculate and distribute your Energy Points (EP's).
6. Calculate your Magic Points (MP's) and Sanity Points (SP's).
7. Calculate your Aptitudes and use BP's to modify them (for rolled and points-based characters) as per the following formula: Base + Race + Childhood + Class/Subclass + BP
8. Choose your line of conduct and your character traits (check thoroughly that there are no incompatibilities between the class, the race and the character alignment). You should also choose your Cult/Order here.
9. Determine the character possessions: starting money and any possible inheritance (Optional rule).
10. Equip your character with weapons, armour and equipment (note the Armour %, its absorption dice and modify).
11. Calculate Parry/Dodge accordingly taking into consideration the armour worn and a potential shield (see Chapter 3).
12. Prepare your personal history (the MT must give his or her permission for this).
13. Determine whether the character possesses elemental powers or special faculties (Optional Rules).
14. Choose a name for your character.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|